SC - saffron

Michael Newton melcnewt at netins.net
Wed Mar 29 05:51:00 PST 2000

I think the issue was one of equivalency, not precedence. They are the
same thing, and while I've heard a lot of French chefs claim the French
invented Thing X when they clearly did not, I've never heard this claim
made about sabayon. The Internet, yes, zabaglione, no. ;  )

Adamantius

Nick Sasso wrote:

> Actually, unless you have reference for the 'classic French custard', it
> would appear the the Neapolitan recipe is elder, making the French one a
> variant on the 'Middle Ages/post Ren' Neapolitan classic custard.
>
> niccolo
>
> CBlackwill at aol.com wrote:
> >
> > Zabaglione being the Italian version of a classic French custard
> > sauce...Sabayon

- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com