SC - Period Ingredients Master List

CBlackwill@aol.com CBlackwill at aol.com
Wed Mar 29 15:11:50 PST 2000

In a message dated 3/29/00 7:50:30 AM Pacific Standard Time, troy at asan.com
writes:

> eff Gedney wrote:
>  >
>  > Does any of this have period antecedants?
>  > the only PERIOD "Eat the Garlic for its own sake" recipe I have seen is
>  > Aquapatys ...  are there any others?

Apicious, a Greek cook of antiquity (and author of one of the earliest
cookery books discovered to date) has numerous recipes in which garlic is a
primary ingredient.  I'll try to track down the publication data for you
(and, yes, the info to authenticate my claim).  This is one of the only
"period" cook books I own, sadly.  If anyone can give me links to find
others, I'd appreciate it.

Blathazar of Blackmoor

Man cannot live on bread alone... he must have beer to soak it in.