SC - Period Ingredients Master List

LrdRas@aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Thu Mar 30 20:15:11 PST 2000

In a message dated 3/29/00 6:15:05 PM Eastern Standard Time,
CBlackwill at aol.com writes:

<< If you can find a bottle of *real* Grenadine Syrup at a local bar supply
 house, this stuff is a perfect substitute.  Real Grenadine is made from
 pomegranate juice (with the addition of sugar).  >>

I would caution anyone recreating period middle eastern recipes to NEVER use
grenadine syrup in the recipe. With few, if any exceptions a sweet syrup is
not what was intended.

Perhaps there are European dishes where this is not the case but I am unaware
of any at this time.