SC - Land of Hockey?

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Thu Mar 30 21:21:57 PST 2000

Rayne proclaimed:
> Unto the Group and especially Lord Stefan,
>
> I have the following books with me in the RV.  If these are "fairly"
> acceptable resources to the group I have the time to make a listing of foods
> (minus New World foods) using 1600 as a cut off date.  After the listing is
> compiled, the Group can make any changes based on their documentation.  Just
> let me know.
>
> Food by Waverley Root
> History of Food by Toussaint-Samat
> Food in History by Tannahill

If you are the one doing it, you get to set the rules. If you don't
wish to include New World foods or wish to list them seperately, that
is your call.

You can do this as a one-time thing, an occasionally updated thing
or an oftenly updated thing depending upon your desires. If it ends
up being one of the first two, just send me the information in text
format and I will edit it and turn it into a set of Florilegium files.

If it gets to be too often, I will set something up so you can ftp
the file directly to the site whenever you wish. I usually try to
limit the size of the text files to under 100K bytes for ease of
downloading. But if the file exceeds that we can see about breaking
it into several files.

The article will probably be too big to post here, so after we get
it on the website, we will announce it, people can write you (or
I guess the list) with any complaints, corrections or additions. You
can then incorporate these and we'll post the new edition.

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net