Duke's powder (was Re: SC - saffron)

CBlackwill@aol.com CBlackwill at aol.com
Fri Mar 31 16:29:18 PST 2000

In a message dated 3/31/00 2:44:25 PM Pacific Standard Time,
ekoogler at chesapeake.net writes:

> I'm not exactly sure as I have never had this reaction myself.  However, as
> it has
>  been described to me, it causes wide mood swings in certain very sensitive
>  individuals.  I guess it is related to the "sugar rush" that some
experience
> when
>  they have had an excess of sugar after not having any for a while.  I know
> that
>  once, when I was teaching a class away from home, I had a couple of cups of
>  coffee, along with a couple of glazed donuts.  Now either of these,
alone...
> or one
>  of each would have had minimal effect.  However this combination had me
> literally
>  bouncing off of the walls!  Even my students commented on it!

Okay, it's a physiological reaction to the sugar.  Now I see what you are
talking about.  The "sugar blues".  Well, what goes up must come down (or is
that "everything that rises must converge"?)

Balthazar of Blackmoor.

Man cannot live on bread alone... he must have beer to soak it in.