Grinding almonds (was Re: SC - Rabbit tips?)

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Fri Mar 31 20:13:39 PST 2000

And it came to pass on 31 Mar 00,, that Mordonna22 at aol.com wrote:

> <<
>  And while I'm asking questions, can anyone tell me how easy it is to make
>  almond milk without use of electric appliances?.
>   >>

> Not hard at all if you have three or four large type knights to grind the
> almonds in a mortar.

No knights.  I do have a large type non-fighting firewood-splitting lord...
that's a period substitute, isn't it?  Besides, I only need an ounce or two
at a time, if it's for almond milk or sauces.  I usually only cook for two or
three of us at Pennsic.  Maybe I'll give it a try at home... crunch it in the
mortar, then shake it in a jar with the liquid.

Lady Brighid ni Chiarain
Settmour Swamp, East (NJ)
mka Robin Carroll-Mann
harper at idt.net