SC - Feast Beverages

Terri Spencer taracook at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 7 18:48:55 PST 2000

We sometimes use simple syrup when we serve tea at feast.  That way we
only make one huge container of tea instead of sweet and unsweetened,
and sweeten each pitcher.  Comes in handy when the peer serving high
table requests "extra sweet" tea for their Majesties.

Thanks everyone for the drink ideas.

Tara

Anahita wrote:

I don't remember that thread, but then i rarely drink iced tea, even in
"real" life. ...As for how to sweeten... One way is to dissolve sugar
in warm water...remove from stove and cool. Voila! a simple syrup that
can even sweeten iced tea that's unsweetened but already iced.