SC - Re: Verjus

grizly at mindspring.com grizly at mindspring.com
Thu Mar 9 12:49:19 PST 2000

I have both red and White Napa Valley verjus as well as the Navarro.

I find that the Navarro has the 'cleanest' flaver, for lack of a better term.  It is brighter and a little more distictive (that is the 1997 vintage).  The Nappa Fusion White is very tart and bitter (yea!) but lacks  a certain something that the Navarro seems to have; maybe it is more of the grape character.

niccolo difrancesco

sca-cooks at ansteorra.org wrote:
> I just placed an order at Navarro Vineyards for verjus for my event on March 18th.
I'll let you know how it is afterwards. They mail order (5-7 day delivery)

Andrea, Ostgardr