SC - Feast Fees in Ansteorra

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sat Mar 11 13:40:04 PST 2000

Sieggy said:
>     Maybe we need to start a thread on ways to secure the hall and control
> access. One of the problems I find is that people will come in, set up,
> leave the hall, run back and forth on errands, and there's so much coming
> and going that it's virtually impossible to keep track of who's who.

As Meadhbh pointed out, we usually don't have that many and this is a group
where honor and personal responsiblity are seen as important. I'm not
the problem is that bad. My barony recently has even started to do away
with site tokens.

And sometimes I suspect folks who don't pay the gate fee are doing it by
accident. More than once, I have arrived at an event early and there was
no gate set up or they weren't ready to take money. As there was work to
be
done, I got busy with that. Then it might be several hours later before
remembered that I still had to pay the gate fee. At at least one event,
the
gate had already been shut down when I remembered and I had to work to
find the appropriate person to pay.
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net