privte: Re: SC - Lady Seaton's Project

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Sat Mar 18 23:52:06 PST 2000

In a message dated 3/18/00 9:16:38 PM Eastern Standard Time,
Seton1355 at aol.com writes:

<< That is what I am doing basically....  If I get to a booklet stage I will
let
 you know!  :-)
 Phillipa
 << but wouldn't it be acceptable to say that this is an Adaptation of a
recipe
 from (name of source).  One could specify that the original called for X
 ingredient and
  you substituted Y because of a dietary restriction. >> >>

:-). Isn't it amazing how the WWW has produced such a number of peoples who
cannot get a clue, P? Just look at the number of folks who have suddenly come
up with your idea since it was first revealed. :-0 I would suggest that
further sharing on this project with the SCA-cooks list would only result in
more peoples with more 'original' ideas that sound exactly like yours. From
my own experience with stolen ideas and SCA folks being elevated from my own
work; my advice is to stifle it very quickly. Remember Allison's post if you
need a specific example of stealing ideas if you need more than one before
the next guild meeting. :-(

Ras