SC - Re: OT: Naming

Bonne of Traquair oftraquair at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 30 15:20:17 PST 2000

>I find that I want to agree what somewhere this "name your kid whatever
>mess
>you want" has gone to far in the States. I worked for the government in the
>payroll department for years and saw a mess of mess.
>
>I had a lady who's mother named her Placenta (because it sounded nice- she
>had no idea what it meant)

!!? Where are you?  When my baby brother was born 20 years ago this month,
there was a baby girl in the nursery named "Placenta"!

My first database management job was the local dept. store bridal registry,
and now I work with the alumnae list at UNC-Chapel Hill.  Nothing surprises
me in the way of names since I encountered Aplanalp Planapla--the bride of
the first couple I typed into the computer system instead of using an index
card.

Bonne