Treason (was Re: SC - Trimarian Bru-ha-ha)

Christine A Seelye-King mermayde at juno.com
Wed Mar 1 17:12:46 PST 2000

>However, there has been a turn towards the personal, hateful, and
> >unproductive in the last day or so, and some of what I have read is
> >nothing short of Treason.
>
> Just a fine point. Treason is the betrayal of obligations of
> loyalty.
> I can't commit treason against (say) France, because I'm not a
> french
> citizen. Similarly, however hateful I get, I can't commit treason
> against Trimarian royalty, because I'm not a subject of theirs.
>
> David Friedman

	Ok, I got a private post about my use of the word treason, and so I want
to clarify.   I suppose I look at my loyalty to the Society above the
loyalty I have to the parts of it.  True, I swear fealty to the Crown of
Meridies, but I sign all of my correspondence with "Yours in service to
the Society,".   In my opinion, the name-calling and insults were a
violation of the very basis of our organization.
	Call it an odd interpretation if you will, but it won't be the first
time today someone has thought that about me.
	Yours in service to the Society,
	Mistress Christianna MacGrain