Treason (was Re: SC - Trimarian Bru-ha-ha)

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Wed Mar 1 10:55:02 PST 2000

At 1:21 AM -0500 3/1/00, Christine A Seelye-King wrote:

>However, there has been a turn towards the personal, hateful, and
>unproductive in the last day or so, and some of what I have read is
>nothing short of Treason.

Just a fine point. Treason is the betrayal of obligations of loyalty.
I can't commit treason against (say) France, because I'm not a french
citizen. Similarly, however hateful I get, I can't commit treason
against Trimarian royalty, because I'm not a subject of theirs.

David Friedman
Professor of Law
Santa Clara University
ddfr at best.com