SC - Perspectives on Recipe Adaptation (was: ALCOHOL IN FOOD)

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Thu Mar 2 23:59:18 PST 2000

In a message dated 3/2/00 4:44:29 PM Eastern Standard Time, LadyPDC at aol.com
writes:

<< An effective,
 non-confrontational method of achieving your end goal here would be to state
 that, in addition to mushrooms, you are allergic to the yeasts and cultures
 found in alcoholic beverages.  It is well known that yeasts and cultures
stay
 allergenic even after high heat. >>

It would also be a lie. Which is, IMO, the worst of sins? It is also
dishonorable. Such a suggestion is repugnate in the extreme!!!

Call a spade a spade and read the ingredients list. BTW, I lived in Utah for
2 years and never found a single person who objected to my cookery even when
it included wines and spirits, and precious few that wouldn't sit down and
have a glass of wine with me.  Living in Utah does not a Mormon make, It is
in the heart and soul that religious folks are made not location.