SC - Chicory in coffee - OOT

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 6 08:35:40 PST 2000

Ras rote:
>A currently widely available brand of coffee in the USA is Chock
>Full O'Nuts which contains lots of chicory. It is quite tasty and very
>smooth, IMO, and I buy it occasionally. As a side line the advertising blurb
>states:
>
>Chock Full O'Nuts is that heavenly coffee. Better coffee a millionaire's
>money can't buy. :-)
>
>That just about says it all. :-)

Ee-yew!

I didn't know about the chicory, but there's nothing particularly
special about the coffee. I think "Chock Full O'Nuts" is mostly an
East Coast (US) thing, though, because i remember the "Chock Full
O'Nuts" restaurants (if you can deign to call them that) in New York
City. The company dates back to the 1920's i think.

I do have a "Chock Full O'Nuts" can, though (not the coffee), because
i like the old Art Deco style of the graphics. I got it in the
1970's. They've no doubt revised it and the graphics are probably not
as cool anymore.

Ananhita al-shazhiyya
who buys Medaglio d'Oro when in places that don't have "real" coffee