SC - Two Questions and Advice

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Tue Mar 7 11:53:38 PST 2000

nancyk at gator.ecls.lib.pa.us writes:

<< Okay, second question.  I don't see much ham being served at events.  I am
 planning my next feast and would like to serve a ham dish.  What are the
 recommendations on this?  i.e. type of ham and methodology.

Cold smoked ham would be preferrable such as Smithfield.

Prepare your ham by soaking it over night in water. Parboil your ham before
roasting it. Cooking it without soaking or parboiling is a modern innovation
dating from the mid-20th century.

Ras