SC - Sabina Welser -- online and available in print

Thomas Gloning gloning at Mailer.Uni-Marburg.DE
Wed Mar 22 16:54:51 PST 2000

<< As I do not read German, early or modern, having the text only in
German would do me no good! >>

The book is all in German (early & modern) & Valoises's English
translation is available on the web (thanks, Bear for the URL and thanks
Bear and Gwen Cat for the ordering info).

[ Re: books, OT: A passage from Petrarca's "De remediis utriusque
fortunae" (~ 'How to behave in happy and unhappy days') comes to mind: a
dialogue between REASON and PLEASURE about books. REASON brings to the
fore many reasons against books: you need money, you need a place, there
are different opinions in different books, etc. etc. PLEASURE always and
only answers something like:

      "I have many and beautiful books". ]

Best,
Thomas