SC - Sugars

CBlackwill at aol.com CBlackwill at aol.com
Thu Mar 30 22:17:03 PST 2000

In a message dated 3/30/00 9:00:57 AM Pacific Standard Time,
Gwynydd_of_Culloden at freemail.com.au writes:

> I seriously doubt it.  Are your raw sugar crystals about the same size
(maybe
> a little larger) than regular granulated sugar or are they more like little
> square boulders about the size of this letter - o - ?
>
>  BTW, could someone please clear up for me what is meant in the States by "
> root beer"?  I have rather taken it to mean "sasparilla" while my Lady
> contends that it is "ginger beer".  Given that it was on a suggested list
of
> possibles for taking to a pot luck, I have a nasty feeling that she is
right.

In the States we have a product called "Sugar in the Raw", and while it is
not really "raw" sugar, it has undergone much less processing than refined
white sugar (and does taste great in coffee).  And yes, the grains are about
"o" sized, and squarish.

The vast majority of the Root Beer here in the states is reminiscent (and a
cheap knock-off) of Sasparilla.  I think you will fin our "Ginger Ale" is
closer to ginger beer than our Root Beer.

Balthazar of Blackmoor.

Man cannot live on bread alone... he must have beer to soak it in.