SC - Speaking of Birthdays

DianaFiona at aol.com DianaFiona at aol.com
Thu Mar 16 18:58:07 PST 2000

In a message dated 3/16/00 5:37:07 PM Eastern Standard Time,
Brucianna at washcoll.edu writes:

<< >
 > It's Spring.  Get an herb and wild plant book, with good illustrations,
 > out of the college library, and go hunt for a salad.  Let us know what
 > you find that resembles European wild salads.  Everybody has to start
 > somewhere.  (And keep your shoes on out in the wilds).

 I've been eyeing the hundreds of daffodils starting up out of the ground
 next door to me.  I have to find out who owns that lot and if they'd
 mind me snagging a few for a salad or ganishes.  >>

    ACKKKKK!!!! No, *Don't* eat the daffodils! Daffodils are poisonous! There
are many flowers that *are* edible--violets and pansies come to mind for
spring--but be sure to check carefully in a reliable herb or gardening book
first to make sure the ones you want to try are safe.

                Ldy Diana