SC - Period Ingredients Master List

CBlackwill at aol.com CBlackwill at aol.com
Wed Mar 29 12:27:34 PST 2000

In a message dated 3/28/00 10:03:07 PM Pacific Standard Time,
mermayde at juno.com writes:

> cold sliced deli meats, chicken, ham, roast beef, salami, sausages
>  (keilbassa type), chunks o' ham, roasted chickens, canned smoked oysters,
>  clams, sardines, pickled/creamed herring
>
>  dijon style mustard, stone ground mustard, onion relish
>  horseradish sauce
>
>  sliced cheeses, cheese spreads (herbed and peppered), feta, blue,
>  cheddar, brie, riccotta, swiss
>
>  asparagus, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, celery, cucumber, mushrooms,
>  radishes (red and white), scallions - maybe a quick veggie platter?
>
>  oranges, blood oranges, peaches, pears, apples (not Delicious), apricots,
>  cherries, grapes, watermelon, (cantelope & honeydew aren't exactly
>  period, but close to period varieties), figs, plums, quince, pomegranate,
>  berries (strawberries, blueberries)
>  Any of these as dried fruits, including dates, raisins, currants, prunes,
>  almonds, walnuts, cashews
>
>  hardboiled eggs, yogurt (for dipping fruit or veggies in, consider some
>  sugar and yogurt for dipping strawberries)
>
>  bread rolls, shortbread, matzoh, Norwegian flatbread (RyeKrisp),
>  breadsticks, rye bread, oatmeal bread, pita bread
>
>  olives, pickles, pickled vegetables (giardinera - that stuff with the
>  cauliflower), marinated artichoke hearts, pickled okra  :p
>
>  sparkling non-alcoholic fruit ciders, root beer (somewhat of a stretch,
>  but not too far), almond milk (available in aeseptic containers),
>  lemonaide
>  ________

Yep...this is a simplified version of the kind of list I was talking about.
Now, throw in some authenticating sources, and you have *exactly* what I was
talking about.  Thanks.  I'll be sending you some new additions as soon as I
have finished researching them.  I think I have some doozies.

Man cannot live on bread alone... he must have beer to soak it in.