SC - Riccotta cheese

RANDALL DIAMOND ringofkings at mindspring.com
Tue Mar 21 05:35:47 PST 2000

When I found the snail section in Platina, nearby
I noted a recipe for "Articificial Recota".  Is this
faking the cheese we know as riccotta today
or something else?  It is interesting, because
riccotta is a secondary cheese product made
from the whey after the solids have solidified out
in making other cheeses.  The process is somewhat
involved and the yield is very small.  I have made
my own cheeses for many years now but seldom
bother with riccotta unless I just precipate it out
with lemon juice for quick and dirty lemon riccotta.

Akim Yaroslavich
"No glory comes without pain"