SC - Re:Balthazar's expresso cake

CBlackwill@aol.com CBlackwill at aol.com
Tue May 2 02:27:45 PDT 2000

ringofkings at mindspring.com writes:

> Granted that it a widespread American practice currently ( I don't have
>  kids, so I was unaware) but was it a widespread food combination in the
>  50's or earlier?   I reserve "classic" for Coca-colas in 6 1/2 ounce
>  bottles,
>  Ovaltine, Malt-o-Meal, Kool-Aid, hot dogs with just plain mustard and bun,
>  milk delivered to the door in bottles with paper caps and so on......

Whoa, now!  Wait a minute....  All of these "classic" items are still alive
and well in my nape of the woods...i mean neck of the wape...I mean "around
here".  So is Celery filled to bursting with Peanut Butter.  It's an old
holdover from my Cherokee Grandmother as far as my family is concerned, so it
HAS to date from the 50's at least.  I'll see if I can locate a U.S.D.A.
School nutrition guide from that era, and see if it is featured.  Just in
case, you may want to start salting up that fedora.  The future of your
fedora is beginning to look very bleak indeed...:)

Balthazar of Blackmoor

Words are Trains for moving past what really has no Name.