SC - Re:the top 8 icks list

MPengwyn@aol.com MPengwyn at aol.com
Tue May 2 07:21:42 PDT 2000

<snip>
Balthazar of Blackmoor
(who also needs a good dutch oven...mine snapped in half about two months
ago during a particularly busy weekend)

- ---
Salut!
I remember that there was a discussion a LONG while back (a year or three)
ago about dutch ovens.  While reading my bedtime allotment of Platina, I
came acruss a bit about dutch ovens.  In the White Pie recipe (I think
it's book VI, but I don't recall off the top of my head), Platina mentions
putting coals on top of the lid to help brown the pie.

I couldn't remember if this was ever resolved way back when, but hope this
helps.

In Service.

Cu drag,
Bogdan de la Brasov

Jeffrey Heilveil M.S.		      Ld. Bogdan de la Brasov, C.W.
Department of Entomology	A Bear's paw and base vert on field argent
University of Illinois
heilveil at uiuc.edu
office: (217) 244-5115
home: (217) 355-5702
ICQ: 34699710

Once one dismisses the rest of all possible worlds, one finds that this is
the best of all possible worlds.
				 -Voltaire, _Candide_