SC - the food pumpkin was Re:the top 8 icks list

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Wed May 3 06:41:22 PDT 2000

I don't know...that certainly might account for some folks when talking
about any skill.  I've seen a number of people that your explanation
would fit okay.  However, it doesn't do much for folks like me.  I'm a
perfectly adequate cook, and I've certainly never thought of myself as
inexperienced or discouraged, but I will never be more than an adequate
cook.  I lack that flair that makes a great cook, and I know it.  We've
got a guy in our Barony who started cooking (mundanely) several years
ago, and inside a year and a half, he was a chef at one of the halfway
decent restaurants in town.  Now _he's_ good! He can just seem to throw
together the most _amazing_ yummy things!  Me? I still have to follow
recipes.  Redacting something all on my own is a Big Step.
- --Maire