An Test was Re: SC - Truck Crops

Fri May 5 08:31:20 PDT 2000

hiya all from Anne-Marie
not to detract from all those celery stuffings, chocolate cakes and general
frivolity....:)

I've been contacted, and asked to be the chef for a charity dinner (neat
charity...they put on dinners and people buy tickets.The mney goes to the
upkeep of a lovely 19th century schooner that takes school kids out to
learn about the Puget Sound and sustainable lifestyles).

We did a blow out medieval feast for them last year, and they loved it.
they all wore costumes even :).

the twist this year is they want a vegetarian/vegan dinner.

Now, I can cook modern vegetarian ok, but the vegan thing is really
throwing me.

what recipes can people come up with for a well rounded menu that you'd be
willing to pay $60 a plate for? I'd love to do period food, but since the
period idea of vegetarianism is full of fish, I'm a bit stumped!

ok people, lay it on me! :)

- --AM