SC - RE: The top 10 icks list

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sat May 6 23:46:17 PDT 2000

> hiya all from Anne-Marie

> I've been contacted, and asked to be the chef for a charity dinner (neat
> charity...they put on dinners and people buy tickets.The mney goes to the
> upkeep of a lovely 19th century schooner that takes school kids out to
> learn about the Puget Sound and sustainable lifestyles).

> what recipes can people come up with for a well rounded menu that you'd be
> willing to pay $60 a plate for? I'd love to do period food, but since the
> period idea of vegetarianism is full of fish, I'm a bit stumped!

You might check these files in the Florilegium:
In the FOOD section:
vegetarian-msg    (47K)  1/ 4/00    Medieval vegetarianism. Lenten foods.
salads-msg        (81K) 10/ 8/99    Period salads. lettuce, greens.

various fruit files in this section and various vegetable files in the
FOOD-VEGETABLES section.

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net