SC - Quinces (and a query about an eating utensil)

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Sun May 7 04:09:58 PDT 2000

You skrev:

>I know Dr. Buell is furious.  Maybe a howl of protest will convince this
> stupid academic house that selling to a few University Libraries is not as
>remunerative as selling to double that number of individuals (and more
.libraries to boot!).  This is probably why they are going under.

You aren't kidding, about Paul being upset ;-) His comments in some of our
private correspondence gave me a good dose of the giggles.

He is, however, very interested in putting out a mass market edition, once
he regains the copyright- possibly before then if he can work something out
with his (deleted) publisher. He has asked for a survey  of those of us who
might be interested in buying a copy at a more reasonable price. I can ask
those on MK-Cooks, MK List, Aethelmark, Byzantine List and EK List- would
anyone be willing to forward a survey, with a description of the book, to
other SCAdian and related Lists, if I were to make one up?

Respond to me privately, folks, I don't want to clog up Cook's List
unnecessarily.

Phlip

Nolo disputare, volo somniare et contendere, et iterum somniare.

phlip at morganco.net

Philippa Farrour
Caer Frig
Southeastern Ohio

"All things are poisons.  It is simply the dose that distinguishes between a
poison and a remedy." -Paracelsus

"Oats -- a grain which in England sustains the horses, and in
Scotland, the men." -- Johnson

"It was pleasant to me to find that 'oats,' the 'food of horses,' were
so much used as the food of the people in Johnson's own town." --
Boswell

"And where will you find such horses, and such men?" -- Anonymous