SC - Americans and corn (was: Food guessing game)

Mon May 8 21:33:03 PDT 2000

In a message dated 5/8/00 4:32:42 AM Pacific Daylight Time, troy at asan.com
writes:

> The odds against a trireme making an
>  intentional and successful trip across the Atlantic, properly
>  provisioned so that anybody survived at journey's end, are astronomical.

Oh, I agree whole-heartedly with this.  Ancient sailors, after all, were
fearful of sailing out of site of land, and last I checked, there is a whole
lot of open sea between Greece and Brazil.  Let me correct that statement by
saying "Greek sailors" were fearful... The Vikings didn't seem to give a hoot
how far they had to sail...

>  And it is my further opinion that Carthage must be destroyed!

And while we're in the neighborhood, can we change the name of Istanbul back
to Constantinople?  I'm so tired of that They Might Be Giants song....

Balthazar of Blackmoor

Words are Trains for moving past what really has no Name.