SC - Re: SC absinth again, was-Coffee Soap

margali margali at 99main.com
Tue May 9 15:45:24 PDT 2000

Dinner With God

> Seymour Schwartz was a good, deeply religious man. When Seymour passed away, God greeted him at the Pearly Gates.
> "Hungry, Seymour?" saith God.
>
> "I could eat," Seymour replied.
>
> So God opened a can of tuna and reached for a chunk of fresh rye bread and they shared it. While eating this humble meal, Seymour looked down
into Hell and saw the inhabitants devouring huge steaks,  lobsters,
pheasants, pastries, and fine  wines.
 Curious, but deeply trusting, Seymour was quiet.
 The next day God again invited Seymour to join him for a meal. Again,
it was tuna and rye bread. Once again looking down, Seymour could see
the denizens of Hell enjoying caviar, champagne, lamb, truffles and
chocolates.

> Still Seymour said nothing.
>
> The following day, mealtime arrived and another can of tuna was opened. Seymour could contain himself no longer. Meekly, he said: "God,
I am grateful to be in heaven with you as a reward for the pious,
obedient life I led. But here in heaven all I get to eat is  tuna and a
piece of rye bread and in the Other Place they eat like emperors and
kings! Forgive me, O God, but I just don't understand..."