SC - pyes

Alderton, Philippa phlip at morganco.net
Tue May 9 19:31:19 PDT 2000

sca-cooks at ansteorra.org wrote:
<<< The documentation she mentioned includes several period recipes from Ottoman Turkey, all calling for tomatoes or tomato sauce.  (You remember the Ottomans, don't you?  At one point they ruled half of Europe, in case no one remembers.)

    Folks, lets try to remember that Europe is more than England, Spain, France, Germany, and Italy.  Or, as they say here in Trimaris, "Just 'cause it ain't Celt don't mean its not period." >>>>>>

It is my distinct pleasure to have my first opportunity to say, "recipe please?".   I have yet to get that chance in some three years out in this list, Ras always beats me to the punch.

niccolo