SC - European Food

JVButlerJr@aol.com JVButlerJr at aol.com
Wed May 10 03:52:14 PDT 2000

Morgan Cain wrote:

<snippage...considerable>
"You might find that TRM/TRH have a greater number of
retainers, all of whom expect to be fed at no cost.  (We try to discourage
this.)  The autocrat has invited all of his girlfriends to attend as his
guest (and he expected that none would figure out about the others!).  More
people arrive than had been calculated.  And so on."

The only people who eat free at our events are the head cook, the autocrat and
the Royals (i.e., the King, Queen and perhaps the Crown Prince and Princess).
All others pay, including their retinue.  And if their retinues have been so
inconsiderate/forgetful as to not make reservations ahead of time, they are
treated just as everyone else is...if the cook agrees, they can pay for and eat
the feast.  Otherwise, no.  And this happened just recently at an event.  So I
know it's not just theory!

Kiri