SC - My Last Statement About This Or Anything Else.

Jeff Gedney JGedney at dictaphone.com
Wed May 10 11:11:30 PDT 2000

Cool, Bal! Good Job!Wasn't that fun?Now go and make it.

Having made this recipe en masse, we once chose to interpret it as not
layered, but "stacked". We made our noodles in the shape of diapers (that's
diamonds or kites to you). Presentation: arrange 8 diapers in a star pattern
with one point facing inwards. Strew with the cheese and spices. Re-layer
exactly on the top of the former diapers. Stacked in this fashion they hold
their shape fairly well. We froze them like this for the event, and then
simply re-heated and served.

What you get is a thick moravian star shape dusted with the spices on top.
It's also easier to get to it whith the skewers or pointed sticks.

Cheers

Aoife

Bal wrote:
Allright.  Game On!!  Here is Balthazar's First On-Line Redaction:
Please bear in mind that I still have a little trouble preparing food for
small amounts of people, so my redaction may be quite large.  Also, any
comments from "those in the know" would be greatly appreciated.

The Original:
"To make lasagne take fermented dough and make into as thin a shape as
possible.  Then divide it into squares of three fingerbreadths per side.
Then take salted boiling water and cook those lasagne in it.  And when they
are fully cooked, add grated cheese.

And if you like, you can also add good powdered spices and powder them on
them, when they are on the trencher.  Then put a layer of lasagne and powder
{spices} again; and on top another layer and powder, and continue until the
trencher or bowl is full.  Then eat them by taking them up with a pointed
wooden stick."
  <<Bal's version snipped for brevity>>