SC - SC- Turkeys again, Again!

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Thu May 11 01:24:47 PDT 2000

Thanks for your thoughts, M. Adamantius.  Do you suppose that, following
the evening milking--of whatever animal--if the milk were set in an
earthenware pot at the back of the cooking fire area, that by morning it
might have had the necessary cooking to make the yoghurt type, or
thickened type?

>>Another possibility might be that Persian milk is cultured from milk
that's been cooked a long time.<<

Certainly, making yoghurt at home, we heat it to the right temperature
and then hold it there for hours.  I try to think of the simple way that
would be natural to do a thing, as very often that is what got done.
Perhaps commercial production in a city might have used a different
method, but if this is not solely a noble dish, then something not too
elaborate in method or utensils is likely.  I'm thinking of the kitchens
dug up by archeologists--generally minus their furnishings, of course.
Regards,
Allison,     allilyn at juno.com