SC - Cherries

LrdRas@aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Thu May 11 20:21:03 PDT 2000

- --- Christi Rigby <crigby at uswest.net> wrote:
> Balthazar wrote:
>
> Why not use the puff pastry as a crust for your
> quiche?  Bake it before you
> fill it, to get the good "puff", and then continue
> with the recipe as usual.
> I do this for any number of quiches, tarts and pies,
> and it makes a
> wonderful
> crust.

I have done this for a large wedding that I was
cooking for and decided to make a massive amount of
quiche.  I used frozen puff pastry that I bought from
Smart and Final in bulk.  But I didn't bake it in
advance.  I baked it with the quiche custard and it
puffed very well in spite of that.  Or course I was
making the quiche in 24" x 36" pans.

Huette