SC - blood

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Fri May 12 04:06:40 PDT 2000

- ----- Original Message -----
From: Serian

> What Sweets book?

A week or so ago, my Lady bought a copy of a cookbook called "Toffees,
Fudges, Chocolates and Sweets" by Mary Norwak for me from an eclectic
junk/book shop.

> *** 1/2 what?
The missing word from the recipe was "teaspoon" - here it is again,
corrected.

Acid Drops
1 lb granulated sugar
1/4 pint water
1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
6 drops lemon juice
1 teaspoon tartaric acid
Icing sugar

Dissolve the sugar in the water and add the cream of tartar.  Boil until the
mixture becomes slightly yellow.  Add the lemon juice.  Pour onto a marble
slab and work in the tartaric acid with a knife.  When the mixture is cool
enough to handle, cut it into strips and then into small pieces.  Form these
into small flat balls and dust them with a little icing sugar.

Lady Gwynydd of Culloden (Ynys Fawr, Lochac, Kingdom of the West)