SC - Galette (was - Anyone have any good "period"picnic items recipes ?)

CBlackwill@aol.com CBlackwill at aol.com
Fri May 12 09:36:35 PDT 2000

All,
I have entered our proposed class on the Pennsic form as follows:

Dates:  Monday or Tuesday, August 14 or 15
Times:  Early or late morning
Times not available:  mid day or early afternoon

Title:  But is it Period?? Substitutions in Period Recipes
 Class description:  A round-table discussion by experienced cooks about
cooking from period recipes.  Specifically, we will discuss the pros and
cons of substituting period ingredients for those actually listed in the
recipe.

So far, four of you have agreed to join us.  Hopefully more of you will
do so as well...the more the merrier...and the better the discussion
will be.

If it turns out that I will not be able to be at Pennsic, I'll let all
of you know, and either one of you or Dame Alys can take over as
moderator.  I'll give you as much advance notice as possible!

Thanks in advance!!

Kiri