SC - Period cookery recipes-Spanish

DianaFiona@aol.com DianaFiona at aol.com
Fri May 12 11:10:45 PDT 2000

English style sausage rolls (not those awful things by the same name you
might happen to see being offered in railway stations);

Works good with thin English bangers, but can also work with american
breakfast sausages. If using loose sausage (works exceptioanlly well with
the Washington recipe for Oxford Kate's Sausages), roll into finger-length
and thickness, coat in flour and pan fry to seal the outside of each
sausage. Cool and then proceed.

Take your finger-sized sausages, and wrap them in an appropriate length of
puff pastry sheet--purchased or home made--so that the end gently overlaps.
Seal with beaten egg. Slash diagonally across the top and again wash with
beaten egg. Bake according to puff pasty directions from the recipe or from
the box instructions.

That's what my Mum does, and they pass muster with the Transatlantic Brides
and Parents Association (ie: ex-patriot brits club).

Cheers

Aoife