SC - "The Medieval Garden"

allilyn@juno.com allilyn at juno.com
Fri May 12 23:20:52 PDT 2000

Anahita asked:
> Now that i have been assured that blood was indeed used in cooking
> "in period" (not that i doubted it, but i was looking for info - and
> thanks for all the recipes and descriptions), i now inquire as to
> where one might find it... Any ideas, other than haunting slaughter
> houses?

There are a few comments on this, I believe from Ras and Admantinus in
this file in the FOOD section of my Florilegium:
food-sources-msg  (44K)  5/10/00    Modern sources for unusual medieval
meats
                                       and other foods.

For some more recipes using blood, take a look at this file:
organ-meats-msg   (43K) 12/ 1/99    Period cooking of organ meats.
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net