SC - Re: Tea Eggs OOP

Aelfwyn@aol.com Aelfwyn at aol.com
Mon May 15 20:37:12 PDT 2000

I even killed the thyme, but it didn't die as *fast* as the
rosemary.......

Thyme will take out what I think of as the 'musty' taste that you get
with some game, and in pea soup.  It gives a fresh, clear taste, IMO.  If
something needs a 'perk', I will throw in a bit of crushed, dried thyme.
I use it in poultry stuffings, soups and casseroles; pork likes thyme, so
does lamb and veal.  Except for the pea soup, I haven't tried it with any
other ham dishes.  It blends well in dishes that have garlic.

It smells nice when you pass it, so it might be nice in sachet.  Diana
does herbs and craft items, so maybe she can tell us how it behaves
there.  I have heard, but haven't needed to try, the theory that it
reduces fleas, etc., in pet bedding.  My old Friday is 19, no longer goes
outdoors, and sleeps wherever she pleases--which is never in the pet bed.

Regards,
Allison,     allilyn at juno.com