SC - Re: Tea Eggs OOP

Aelfwyn at aol.com Aelfwyn at aol.com
Mon May 15 20:37:12 PDT 2000

In a message dated 5/15/00 11:16:12 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
allilyn at juno.com writes:

<<  Beets, perhaps, as I used to make pickled eggs and beets for
 picnics and summer salads.  Save the pickle juice when you've finished
 your jar of pickles, add canned beets with the juice, or fresh, cooked
 beets you've done yourself, add shelled hard-boiled eggs, let sit in back
 of frig. >>

I did the tea eggs as part of a luncheon board once (before the period recipe
bug got me). To add another color, I also let some cracked, hard-boiled eggs
sit in the juice from a few cans of beets. These made lovely pink/purple
lines when the eggs were shelled.
Aelfwyn