SC - Medieval Times

Etain1263@aol.com Etain1263 at aol.com
Tue May 16 18:03:17 PDT 2000

But, wait!

There's more!

Here's the menu (mmm-mmm-medieval):

(direct from the web site)
Your meal includes:
* A warm appetizer to prepare you for the feast.
* A piping hot bowl of fresh vegetable soup filled to the brim with
healthy ingredients.
* A hearty herb-roasted chicken cooked to perfection by our Master Chef.
* A succulent spare rib covered in our own medieval barbecue sauce.
* A tasty baked potato seasoned with fine herbs from our castle gardens.
* A delicious, fruit-filled pastry from our own castle bakery.
* Two rounds of beverages with which to wash it all down.
(end quote)

[Boy, doesn't this sound like the kind of feast that sets off a
volley of posts on this list :-)  ]

But, wait! There's more!

(more from the website)
Your own medieval serving wench or serf -- who attends to your every
need -- will serve you a fabulous meal. You'll eat this bountiful
feast with nothing more than your fingers. No forks, no knives, no
spoons -- for this is the style of the 11th century. This is Medieval
Times Dinner and Tournament.

  As you feast, our brave and valorous knights compete in exciting
tournament games of skill, medieval jousting matches, and dangerous
sword fights. It's a spectacular evening of feasting, fighting, and
fun for the entire family.
(end quote)

Yeah, the eleventh century in Europe with potatoes and barbecue sauce
and brand-name soda pop and...

Anahita
never been there, don't think i ever will,
but i do work Ren Fairs