SC - Medieval Times

Siegfried Heydrich baronsig at peganet.com
Tue May 16 18:02:42 PDT 2000

In a message dated 5/16/00 4:25:12 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
Chris.Adler at westgroup.com writes:

<< Did anyone else catch the Emeril Live show on medieval food on Sunday
night?

I didn't "catch" the show..but the next day, my kids said "hey Mom...we were
watching Emeril last night..and he was doing Mideval cooking..so we taped it
for you!"  8)  Don't I have great kids?

 Yes..I also winced when he used "potato starch" in two of the recipes (he
also used it in the bread and rolls at the beginning.).  If you are on aol
and want the recipes..got to keyword "food"...food index....Food Network...TV
shows and recipes...Emeril Live.  they give the recipes and the references.
It was fun to watch..and he did get across the idea that mideval food isn't
all that different from what we eat today (although the repeated closeups of
the "roast suckling pig" prop got to me after awhile! ).

Etain