SC - Medieval Times

Elysant@aol.com Elysant at aol.com
Wed May 17 16:55:38 PDT 2000

Earlier, in 1998 or so, we discussed the question whether or not there
are chinese cookbooks. I found some old posts and an old bibliography.
The bibliography is at:

   http://staff-www.uni-marburg.de/~gloning/cookmat.htm#chin

Among the titles is a book in German about "die klassische
Kochbuchliteratur Chinas" (the classical cookbook literature of China;
did not see this one yet) and the catalogue of an exhibition, where
numerous other historical sources on food, eating, cooking and nutrition
are mentioned (Trauffer, ed., Manger en Chine).

Best,
Thomas