SC - Re: OOP- That woman...8^D (i.e. MS recipes)

CBlackwill@aol.com CBlackwill at aol.com
Fri May 19 02:33:56 PDT 2000

>>I think all different ways of stirring have, as mentioned, their place
and
purpose. :-)<<

Absolutely right, Elysant.  I was just talking about the terminology,
primarily, which can confuse until you are used to translating.
Europeans often make a vertical circle, like a wheel, whereas Americans
use a horizontal wheel, like a potter's.  I can remember my grandmother
holding the bowl in her arm, at an angle, and beating hard and fast in
what would be a diagonal line of a circle.  Elliptical?  It all works.

I was also taught that in things like fudge, you go only in one
direction, to keep the sugar from forming crystals.  May be true, may be
'old wives tales'.

Regards,
Allison,     allilyn at juno.com