SC - finally! A baking success! and re: honey butter

Patrick Hood kelan at mindspring.com
Fri May 19 02:34:31 PDT 2000

What not-too-difficult-to-find resources are out there with recipes
from this cuisine?

I know there are a few in Santich's "The Original Mediterranean
Cuisine", which i recommend for its delicious selection from a number
of cultures (and on sale for $5.98 at Jessica's Biscuit,
http://www.ecookbooks.com )

And Robin Caroll-Mann has been sharing some of her translations on
this list. Thank you so much!

Is it really a cuisine that has not been much translated into English?

Someone did a Catalan feast last year that i attended and i found
some of the dishes delicious (others were just damned good!) (one was
a chicken with onions and vinegar - i went back for seconds, maybe
even thirds). She hasn't responded to my e-mail :-(

So i'm trying to find out if anyone here is familiar with other
resources - even modern books with some authentic old recipes.

Thanks
Anahita al-shazhiyya