SC - Attachements to the LIST-A no-no

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Fri May 19 21:36:14 PDT 2000

Traci Winnon wrote:
> Does anyone know how to make honey butter.  I am assuming that it is just
> honey mixed with butter, but I am not sure.  Thank you in advance for any
> help.

Not to be critical, as it is your choice and I like honey butter, but it's
use in period does seem to be questionable. The subject of honey and herb
butters has come up here several times in the past. So far, no one has
come up with any definitive proof that it was used in period for normal
eating. I think there was some possibility of honey butter being a
medicinal however.

Anyway, for some more details take a look at this file in the FOOD
section of my files:
butter-msg        (82K) 12/ 7/99    Period butter. Making butter. Butter churns.

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net