SC - Authenticity Buffs

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Fri May 19 21:37:42 PDT 2000

> My Lord would be green with envy...his "totem" are the raptors, and his two
> favorites are the peregrine and the osprey!
>
> Kiri
>
> Joan Nicholson wrote:
> >  I also enjoyed the falconry exhibition, though I almost had a peregrine in my
> > soup... 8^D
> >
> > Prydwen

I hope that this isn't too far off topic for this list, but your lord
might find these two files in the ANIMALS section of the Florilegium of
interest:
falconry-msg      (30K) 12/ 3/99    Keeping and flying birds of prey.
p-falconry-bib    (14K)  5/14/96    Biblio. of period falconry texts.

There is also a member in our barony, Master Eule, who is a falconer and
puts on demos at SCA events. He had a wonderful A&S display at Gulf
Wars.
If you would like to make contact with him, contact me by email.

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net