SC - OUEEN'S PUDDING -recipe-OOP

LrdRas@aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Sun May 21 19:52:28 PDT 2000

In a message dated 5/21/00 11:01:51 AM Eastern Daylight Time, troy at asan.com
writes:

<< I'm sure most were tactful and informative, but are we
 prepared to bet there wasn't a single stinker among them that did _not_
 mention the SCA?

My letter:

Sirs,

I recently saw the Emeril Live show which was supposedly devoted to medieval
cookery. This is the second show your station has had on this subject in as
many months. I know that your main thrust is commercial and oftentimes such a
path requires that you produce sensational and not quite accurate programs
concerning historical cookery. Such as approach appears to be what occurred
with both the shows I have seen regarding the subject of medieval cookery.

Both shows contained many inaccuracies regarding that cuisine. I have
recently posted you a letter pointing out these inaccuracies pertaining to
the first show. While Emeril's show was a bit more positive, it seems that
your research staff still seems to have not a clue about what they are trying
to provide the producers concerning accurate information on medieval cookery.

I think a show which is accurate can be as entertaining as you seem to think
is necessary. There are a multitude of cooks and researchers in the area of
medieval cookery who I am sure would either be willing to guest on a medieval
cookery program or provide the technical data needed to produce an accurate
show.

If you would like contact information or a list of contacts to make the
medieval cooking shows a lot more accurate and as equally entertaining please
contact me and I will be happy to provide you with a list of 'professional'
contacts that may be able to help you document this cuisine more accurately
or provide their own skills for a show.

Thank-you for taking the time to read this and for any corrective measures
your staff might take to provide a more accurate forum for the subject of
medieval cookery.

L. J. Spencer, Jr.