SC - Oh happy day!!

Etain1263@aol.com Etain1263 at aol.com
Mon May 22 02:28:13 PDT 2000

Hello!  I don't know if this is what you're looking for, but my books
contain all the recipes found in the "Two Fifteenth-Century Cookery-Books"
mentioned my Adamantius. I give all the recipes in the original and
translation with annotations.

"Take a Thousand Eggs or More", a translation of medieval recipes from
Harleian MS. 279, Harleian MS. 4016, and extracts of Ashmole MS. 1439, Laud
MS. 553,
and Douce MS. 55, with over 100 recipes adapted for modern cookery. Second
Edition, by Cindy Renfrow.  Published by the author, Sussex, New Jersey,
1998.  ISBN 0-9628598-4-2

HTH

Cindy/Sincgiefu
cindy at thousandeggs.com
http://www.thousandeggs.com

>bill mayfield wrote:
>
>      Greetings all
>                    Am in search of the isbn and/or
>      author of the frequently mentioned two books
>    of 15th cent. cooking
>
>            YIS
>           Aethelwulf

>"Two Fifteenth-Century Cookery-Books", Harl. MS. 279 & Harl. MS. 4016,
>with extracts from Ashmole MS. 1439, Laud MS. 553 & Douce MS. 55. edited
>by Thomas Austin for the Early English Text Society, pub. Oxford
>University Press 1888, reprinted 1964 and 1996, ISBN 0 85991 849 1

<snip>

>Adamantius
- - --