SC - Almond Milk, Again

Karen O kareno at lewistown.net
Sat May 27 13:38:12 PDT 2000

Siegfried Heydrich wrote:

>     Go to www.grc.com, there you'll find a link directly to the Zonelabs
> page, as well as a plethora of other extremely useful information. You can
> download it for free, and I've been using it for a few months. I like it a
> LOT!
>     On the GRC site, you can have the security of your system checked out,
> and find recommendations for how to protect yourself from the beasties that
> go thump in cyber-space. It won't cost you a cent, and it's time well spent.
>
>     Sieggy
Thank you very much M'lord.
It was indeed time well spent, since I now Know a hellovalot more
about the security side of my internet access & I was unaware of just
how insecure my computer actually was.  I am glad it was recommended
by someone whose knowledge I respect, 'cause otherwise I would have
been reluctant to download it (seems like a nice idea to set up if you
wanted to infect people ;-)

I also note that the firewall has an ability to protect you against
such viruses as the Love Bug etc.

Go read it, it is extremely informative & very scary when you think of
the implications . . .
Lorix